Sunday, October 3, 2004

Not Long Enough!

Yet again, my day off has come and gone. Why doesn't it last longer!? I had a good time, but this whole being awake at night gig makes me feel like I do less than I actually do.

After being rudely awakened by my parents (just joking) and having a good chat with the family, I spent a bunch of time with Ashley watching more ripped movies until she had to go to work. Its those times I love the most; just sitting around with Ashley, nothing in particular to do.

When Ashley went to work, I helped a guy from the high school try and get his ancient laptop working. I won't go into details, but this thing had to be at least 10 years old. Its archaic. The BIOS had a password on it, which means it won't even boot Windows or read the floppy drive. To do anything we need to find the password or open the case to reset the BIOS, and both options are pretty much impossible. But thats ok, its a low-priority spare time project.

After that, I took Ashley out to the Outback Steakhouse for our 2-year dating anniversary. It's really this Tuesday, but we're working mandatory overtime at Dish, so no luck going to dinner that night. Dinner was great, and we hardly touched the main course, as is the tradition at Outback.

After that, I came home, did some homework, read my e-mail and web comics, and now I'm wondering where the day went. I won't get another day off until next Sunday, and today was good but it was hardly the well-deserved break that was coming. I should've asked about getting out of this overtime. Too late now. Back to the grind.

But tomorrow will be better than last night. I'm sure of that.

1 comment:

  1. Chris and Ashley, Congrats on TWO years of happy dating, you are a great couple! I am glad it has worked out this well, with not moving and all. Hope your night was better Chris. Love Mom
    p.s. I wana go to the outback on our 19th anniversary of your being alive.

    ReplyDelete