Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Another night off...

So yeah, I went to Spanish and got my test back and kicked butt on it! I think the teacher made it really easy. So then I came home and started learning some Java with my new book. Jeremey gave me a bunch of computer junk, but there's a few things I might be able to use. Where did he get an I-Mac mouse? The only place I've seen those is the high school...

And then I came home and thought about work some more. I wrote a 2-week notice last night, and it's very eloquent and business-like, but I want to make sure this isn't just a low point that I'll get over. I don't think so, but people think a lot of stupid things. The major things I said in the notice are that I don't have time to do the things I love anymore and I refuse to be a workaholic at my age; that my grades are falling and school comes first; and that if I'm not allowed to help customers get the best deals then I really can't help them, can I? I'll keep thinking about it before I turn it in.

Anyway, after a long thought about what I wanted to do with my evening, I decided to call in for a sick day again. This time I used a true excuse, saying that I have a huge test and need to study. I do in fact have a very large chemistry test tomorrow that I've spent a good amount of time studying for tonight. I still need to study, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. And it was time much better spent than sitting at work. Maybe I don't need a full time job yet.

Oh yeah, and Ashley has told me to say something; Mom and Dad, my hands are starting to feel more and more like I have carpel tunnel. Next time we talk we should talk about getting into a doctor to have it checked out.

OK, back to the books.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, call us, when you have a chance, before you turn in your notice if I am not too late. If so, o well. I will be on a trip saturday, all day but could talk if I am not driving. Sunday would be ok too. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Zach just got moved up to the Varsity football team. He doesn't think he will play much but will learn the moves.
    Love mom and dad

    ReplyDelete