Friday, November 5, 2004

Life is good

So yeah, I finally decided its time to mention to grandma the serious possibility of cable internet. She didn't seem overjoyed, but I think she knows it's important to me. So yeah, she'll cancel AOL and use that money on cable internet instead, and I'll pay for installation and the rest of the monthly bill. I've been gearing up all week, and I went as far as buying a cable modem and wireless cards on eBay! So today I scheduled them to come out, and by Tuesday night I should have cable internet! (Assuming the modem shows up by then... it should.)

I spent all day preparing what I can for the install. I put my wireless router in the living room, so that we can have the cable feed coming in there. The router's centered in the house so grandma's and Nancy's computers can access it, and we don't have to run the cable feed as far. Besides, if we switch to cable TV, all we have to do is put in a splitter instead of getting a whole new install.

I also spent some more time on programming. I've gotten a couple more books on Visual C++, and it's starting to make a whole lot more sense. I figure buying so many books is justified; I really need to learn about my perferred industry, and I'd like to do it sooner rather than later. If nothing else, I'll have a whole lot better idea what's going on when I start taking REAL classes in a year or two.

Oh yeah, I also had lunch with Ashley. She's scrambling to get more inventory for the craft sale tomorrow. She's so stressed out, but I know it'll be worth it to her when people buy the things she's made. That's her big mental payoff. Still not sure about the future, but I'll hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment