Tuesday, November 30, 2004

More prodding

A good deal of today was spent getting more info on this whole Army Reserve idea. I liked a lot of what I heard yesterday. It wasn't anything terribly new, but I got some actual numbers. $450 a month plus tuition assistance sounds good to me, especially for the majority of the time working 2 days a month.

Today after class I went down to the office again and had them give me the official entrance exam, the ASVAB. They took me down to downtown Denver to take it, and it was frickin' long! It was fairly easy though, and I got a 99 percentile of all armed forces recruits that take it. I can basically get any job opening the Army has to offer.

I'm still considering the pros and cons, but I'm leaning toward joining. As a comfort to everyone (and myself), it sounds pretty difficult to be deployed, especially as a student. Even if I were deployed, I'd be in a desk job. I would not be general infantry, and would not be anywhere near the front lines.

I'll keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, I support your choices but check out the other services. With those high scores, you may be able to make a better deal with the other services. I wouldn't hurt to call them. Call me I want to hear more details, like how this affects your current schooling, when would basic training be, things like that. :)

    ReplyDelete