Wednesday, November 17, 2004

HL2!!!!!!

So I ended up staying up until about 1 AM on Monday night to try and wait for Half-Life 2 to unlock, but 1) I didn't realize that to unlock it I'd need to restart the update program, and 2) I think I left about 5 minutes before it actually did unlock. But that's ok, because I had class the next morning.

So Tuesday morning I turned on the computer and let HL2 unlock while I was in class. Then I raced home (as fast as the speed limit would allow, of course) and sat down and got my first taste of the finished product. The anticipation was definitely worth it! Aside from eating and class, it's been almost my sole activity for the past 2 days! Let me just add, I HATE HEAD-CRAB ZOMBIES! But its still cool.



Oh yeah, I got a B on my last Spanish test that I took Monday, but I still feel pretty comfortable. I've been keeping my overall grade high enough that I should be OK.

FRCC finally released their spring schedule yesterday, and aren't starting registration until the 29th! Most of my college friends have been registered for a month! At least now I can choose classes. Along those lines, I asked the Computer Science teacher if I could skip the Intro to Programming class and just go strait into C++, and he said it would be fine, so that'll probably be on my plate next semester. Still deciding on other classes, but most likely it'll be Calc 1 and Macroeconomics. All three of those will transfer to CU, so I'm gonna get some credits that way at least.

3 comments:

  1. So this is why no one has heard from you in the past two days?

    Explaing the screen shot, it's really pretty, but what does it mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The screen shot shows two of the more prominent characters, being Eli Vance and his lovely daughter, Alyx. Eli is the leader of the resistance against the aliens controlling earth, and Alyx is your trusty sidekick thru a few parts of the game. She's also kinda hot... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and about registering... I got to register so early, was because I'm considered a Senior. And my school has soooooo many more people to process than yours, same with CU.

    ReplyDelete