Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pirates and Daimonds

So, lots happening. School is trucking right along, but no huge changes there since the last test. Friday, the group went to the opening night of Pirates of the Carribbean 2, and it was completely worth it. Very entertaining. The weekend was as usual, the girls gone to faire, me up here working on this and that. Tuesday, Ashley and I went on an impromptu date. We ended up mostly shopping around the jewelry stores, looking at rings. No, I don't plan on popping the question any time soon, but I would like to know Ashley's tastes when I do end up getting something. And as it turns out, she's got a particular style in mind, but she's not too picky about the price. Good to know.

Tomorrow I'm taking my third midterm early during my professor's office hours, so that Friday I can head down to Ft. Carson for drill. This is going to be a crazy weekend! I've got drill Monday morning to Sunday afternoon, then Sunday evening I'm driving back down south to faire so I can attend a fancy party with Ashley. As it's probably going to be late, we're going to camp in the girl's tent over Sunday night [oh yeah ;) ] and Monday morning we'll drive back to town. I'll probably be driving directly to Boulder, without stopping at my house. Good times.

4 comments:

  1. I'm just wondering if you know what the whole ring shopping expedition looked like to Ashley...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made sure she knows better. She may have her thoughts, but I told her that it was just for fun. If she's getting her hopes up, she's gonna be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not getting her hopes up... worried beyond beleif.

    Y'know how you said that if you were going to be shipped, you two would get married?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that part. Well we covered that Monday at Garden of the Gods. I have no reason to believe we're mobilizing any time soon. The only news that's even similar is I heard a rumor from a reliable source that our unit may be disbanding in 2-3 years, and after that I'd just drill with a different unit.

    ReplyDelete