Saturday, December 10, 2005

SIB Fun

It's been a very mixed week. The most significant change has been the move from classroom to SIB, Systems Integrated Branch. So far this week, I've pulled up a 40-foot field antenna, been a commo chief and seeing that all systems are up and running, been alternate NCS and kept everybody on the radio net on track and playing nicely, and got to work a radio from inside a rusted-up M60 tank. It's been hella busy, but I'm enjoying the challenges.

As for life, I had to move back to the Dawg Pound on Tuesday. I spent 4 glorious days in the overflow barracks, just to have it ripped away from me. The most frustrating part was moving all of my junk back. I guess I accumulated a lot of stuff over 4 months.

Today's been more relaxing. Blanski, Allen, Short and I went off-post to enjoy our last weekend all together - Allen and Short get to drive home to Mississippi next Friday. We went out to the mall for a bit, then to the movie theater. We all watched "Just Friends" which I highly recommend if you want to stab your eyes out. It's funny, but almost stupidly frustrating. It has the feel of a family movie like "Cheaper by the Dozen" but its meant for adults. Anyway, we also hit all of the strip malls for Christmas gifts and had dinner at Logan's Steakhouse. After dinner we sort of went separate ways. I didn't feel like getting smashed, so Blanski and I headed back to post. But it was a good last weekend with Graham and Justin.

Tomorrow I guess we have some kind of Safety Briefing that's mandatory across the entire brigade, so there's no way of getting out of it. I just hope they don't make it long and boring like I know they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment