Wednesday, December 14, 2005

End of Days

It's been a hectic few days this week. The Safety Show on Sunday was thoroughly jarring, switching from the Signal Corps Band playing a traditional Christmas hymn to tales of stupid people getting killed on Exodus to a live rendition of Adam Sandler's "Hanukkah Song." But there was a high point involving a female Navy petty officer in a scanty Mrs. Clause outfit singing "Santa, Baby" to Sergeant Major. That was nice.

Monday I shammed out of school for the first time since I've been here. I got a doctor's appointment in the afternoon and just didn't bother to go in the morning. Instead, I got some hi-speed boot waxes and a heat gun and got a very sexy-looking pair of boots. Boring, huh? Oh, and the doctor's appointment? The mole on the back of my head isn't cancerous, just annoying.

Tuesday was rather normal, but after SIB we were herded to the Ops office to pick up our out-processing packets. There are a few places we have to stop by before we can finish our paperwork, so I decided to start that this morning. Once again, I sort of skipped school. I was told that clearing medical and dental was a valid excuse, so I went along with it. I got my records just fine, but a lot of people were doing the same as me (skipping school to clear), and there was a rumor that they had moved the test from Thursday to Wednesday, today. So we all scrabled to get rides out to SIB in time for the test.

Getting back to SIB, we learned that they were not, in fact, testing out today. However, they were extremely upset at the fact that half of the students hadn't shown up to SIB, and were seriously considering classing back everyone they could get their hands on, and make them graduate after Exodus. I was very worried there for a few minutes. Eventually, they decided to drop the ordeal. And at the end of the day, they announced that their schedule had changed, so everybody got administrative GOs on their SIB test. We don't have to go back! That's the end of our formal training. We are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment