Friday, December 23, 2005

New Mexico Dreamin'

This week has been quiet. Really quiet. It's so nice being able to do anything. It takes a little getting used to. I don't have to wake up or eat at a particular time, so sometimes I just don't. My room's such a mess, and I'm a little overwhelmed at having so much stuff to organize. One could argue that I have a lot new military gear to throw into my old mix, but I think I'm still not used to having so much personal stuff at one time.

I've exchanged gifts with a few people, and I'm pretty happy with the spread so far. The highlight was Ashley's gift; a pair of Bose Triport headphones! Not noise-cancelling, but extremely high quality nonetheless.

I tried to drive down to New Mexico this morning, but I got a late start, and then my car was acting up. The steering was shimmying above 60MPH, so I had to take it to a shop and cancel the trip until tomorrow. I guess that's ok, but I still haven't seen Mom or any of my family. It's been so long since I've seen them, and I'm so anxious to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment