Monday, June 12, 2006

New Routine

So, last week started my new routine for the next 8 weeks. Calculus is going to be very good this time, I think. My new teacher seems very good. I've been keeping up with the homework religiously, which is what I should've been doing all along. The class is a whole lot smaller, only 40 people, very manageable for a professor and 2 TA's. Also, Jackie pointed out one the good aspects of summer semester classes; they meet every day, so there's less time to get distracted. That's been true so far, and it's one I hadn't really thought about. True they're a bit harder because they're compressed, but I think there's a lot of factors that balance it out. We'll see, I just need to keep up.

Also thru the week, I've been doing PT with a guy from my unit, Sgt. Hoos. We both need the training, and he thought it would be better to train together. We're meeting at the Longmont High School track. It's a long ways, but he lives in Loveland, so it's as good a midpoint as any. This should only keep up for about 3 or 4 weeks, since Sgt. Hoos' test is scheduled outside of drill. After he passes, he'll likely be promoted to an officer and become a chaplain. He's a great guy to work with, and I really respect his decision to become a chaplain; the Army is starving for them, and they really make a difference to morale in the field.

Also, this weekend was my first taste of Renaissance Festival for the season. Ashley and the girls have been preparing for weeks, so I'm sure it was a bit of a relief to finally start. I headed down on Sunday and completed my costume with a belt, pouch, frog (the thing that secures a sword to a belt, here's an example), and a ridiculous hat. I'll post some pictures soon, I hope. I had a lot of fun and I finally got to see Ashley at work. I'll probably go down a couple more weekends, but I'm definitely going to notice what's happening every weekend.

Also, since today was Ashley's birthday, we threw her a surprise party last night. She knew what was coming, some because of me, and a lot because she spent the weekend with the planners, Jackie and Kristen, whispering behind her back. But she still really enjoyed the party, and she was a little choked up afterward. She was home schooled, and never had a surprise party. And also, it's been a long time since she's had a bona-fide party. Not that we really did anything special. There was a small buffet, and a very tasty Costco cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment