Thursday, June 1, 2006

The End of Summer?

Alas, it seems my days of lounging about the house are at an end! My trip to New Mexico last week was very good, and it was wonderful to see the whole family again. This week I've been preparing for the upcoming drill and for the start of school, but I've still felt very relaxed.

Actually, yesterday was the busiest day I've had in a while. In the morning, I drove down to Fitzsimons to give Sgt. Lindsey a preview of my Army classes I'm giving this weekend. He was pretty happy with the material and the format, and suggested a few items that might improve the classes, like volunteers and props. I'm teaching "Move Under Direct Fire" and "Move as a Member of a Fire Team," so I think volunteers would really help. In the afternoon, I had a doctor's appointment for a physical and to freeze off the mole on the back of my head. It took a long time, I thought, but it was worth the wait. That evening, I had dinner with Ethel, and she had cooked up a great meal for Ashley and I.

I just hope I can find some time to relax in the days to come; for the next 9 weeks or so, events are going to be packed together, and if anything its only going to get busier.

No comments:

Post a Comment