Thursday, July 6, 2006

Happy 4th

I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July weekend, I know I did! It was useless to go to recitation on Monday, being the first class after the test. I would have spent my usual 4 hours between the commute and class, just to pick up the test and discuss it. Instant 4-day weekend for me! I spent quite a bit of time trying to fix Jeremey's new custom computer, but I think there's a major component on the motherboard, namely the chip set, that's damaged or malfunctioning or something.

Monday night we had a sort of movie night and party over here at Alcott, and that was pretty fun. It was a bit different from our usual thrown-together parties. Ashley made a roast chicken and fondue. Tuesday night it poured for about an hour, but it cleared up in time to watch B-town's fireworks show. Absolutely amazing! B-town never disappoints when it comes to fireworks. Except that one year they had a misfire and had to cut the show short. At least they used the extras the next year!

I got my test back today, and didn't do as well as I wanted to. I'm going to really have to work in order to get back to a B. I'm really trying for that B, because that would bring my GPA back to a 3.0, and that will look good when I apply to transfer into the College of Engineering. Guess I should start using more office hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment