Monday, December 31, 2007

Lots of Family

My family came into town on Friday, ready for the Tour de Force of Colorado relatives. They decided to try and see if all of us could sleep in Alcott, and after some shuffling and a couple of air mattresses, we managed it.

On Saturday we saw Grandma Bobbie, along with aunt Rhonda, aunt Teresa and her grandson. After breakfast and a short visit, we were off to Great Grandma Keller's and Grandpa Doug's, and saw Teresa's boyfriend Ed, aunt Gwen and her two girls. Grandma Keller is not looking well these days; cancer is taking its toll. It's very sad to see her whither away like this. As the evening set in, we headed over to see uncle John and Maryann at their isolated little foothills house. They're doing well, as are all of their dogs.

Sunday, Zach decided to leave to visit his friend Josh. The rest of us did a bit of clothes shopping, and in the afternoon we visited Grandma Doris and aunt Nancy. They seem to be doing pretty well these days. After that, Mom and Dad drove up to Loveland to see Dad's friends, so Jeannie and I stayed home.

This morning, everyone packed up, and after a late lunch, my family left for home. I managed to get a half a day of work at my internship, and now I'm home, finally able to relax a bit. This evening is New Year's Eve, so we may have a few people over, I'm not sure yet. I think Holly and Chris have already called back. We'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment