Friday, December 14, 2007

Last Day of Class

School is drawing to a close. I finished up my classes this week, and tomorrow is my first exam. It's really been a good semester, even if it's been stressful and difficult. If I can just pull my GPA up, I could be admitted to the College of Engineering and Applied Science. If I can't, I'll be barred from the college and the Computer Science major, at which point I'll probably transfer to another school. My predicted grades put me right on the line, and I'm not yet sure how to feel. On the other hand, my exams count for a lot of points, so they could really help or really hurt me, either way.

In other news, the internship is starting well. I've decided to work on the same project as Holly and Marlin. Some of the ideas are covered by non-disclosure agreements, but basically we're going to be working with Natural Language Processing ideas, trying to expand the field in new ways, and possibly make a profitable application. Let me say this; if we can pull off some of Marlin's ideas, we will be taking the science in very new directions. It's really exciting to be involved with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment