Monday, September 17, 2007

A Game and A Shower

The week was normal for the status quo. I'm still working a bunch, and not incredibly happy, but at least I'm keeping up with schoolwork. Saturday, I first had a trip up to CU's Mountain Research Station, a very beautiful, scenic drive.

Saturday evening was the football game against Florida State, and I was driving WillVille. Not only was it the first game of the year at Folsom Field, but it was also Florida State's first ever trip to CU, so the student body was hyped up and there were a lot of Floridians in attendance. For some reason, Events Services had not redirected our normal route, so we were expected to keep going through the middle of campus along Colorado Ave. As game time approached, it seemed obvious that it wasn't going to work for long. Colorado Ave. was a sea of people, with vendors and radio stations lined up on the sidewalks and people meandering everywhere. I found that I could inch through the crowd safely, but my horn was only semi-functional. Just as the game started, they decided to redirect the route to Regent Dr. Duh! But after that, the evening went as quiet as any game night, relatively wild but nothing too horrible. Too bad we didn't win the football game.

Sunday evening was Holly and Chris' wedding shower, which Ashley helped to organize and plan. It was a wonderful evening, highlighted by a photo montage on DVD made by Holly's father, several games (including the TP wedding dress contest), and of course, the presents. They made a decent haul. Gosh, their wedding is coming up pretty quick. Ashley and I are in the wedding party, so I should probably go get fitted for the suit I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment