Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Hooray! Today was my 21st birthday, and I'm extremely pleased with the results. This morning I drove to school and attended Arabic as usual. I would have skipped, but I really can't afford to miss much class, Arabic in particular. I drove back to Broomfield to pick up a few documents and headed down to the DMV. I was able to go to the Broomfield DMV this time, and it was much more pleasant and quick. The woman handing out number tickets didn't tell me immediately that she could not answer questions due to a pending lawsuit. (The woman at the Northglenn DMV reminded every customer.) Anyway, I renewed my driver's license and CDL permit and went back home for lunch. I actually went to my calculus lab, and decided to stay for the components lab as well. From there I went to work out with the trainer, our last session before drill this weekend. He gave me a few words of encouragement on the PT test, and I drove home. I did make a quick stop at the liquor store, however, to exercise my new right. I bought a bottle of tequila, went home, and had a rather sad margarita. No salt, ice cubes, and no straw. But it was still a margarita, and still a sweet taste of freedom. More salty, actually. Here's to another bright year!

No comments:

Post a Comment