Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Very Green Christmas

So this past weekend was my December drill for the Army Reserve. It was a fairly laid-back weekend, spent at the drill hall. On Saturday I found out that SGT Lant had been replaced as the S-6 section sergeant, replaced by SFC Zimmerman (or Sgt Z). It should be a good change, I think Sgt. Z has more experience being a section sergeant, and SGT Lant and SGT Nieto will still be around to supervise. I missed out on a PT test that nobody told me I was supposed to take. I sort of knew a few days before when they posted the training schedule, but no one told me I was supposed to take part. I wasn't really prepared anyway. So instead, I spent my time helping revamp the drill hall's commo systems. The big deal was fixing some of the phone problems. We mapped out the phone jacks, toned lines to find the other end in the closet, and tried to get the correct extension on the correct phone line. We were pretty successful, but there's a lot more work to be done.

Sunday morning was our Class A inspection. Of course, I looked sharp and received no negative comments. It was Family Readiness day, so afterwards I met up with Ashley and introduced her to some of the people in the company. We sat through a very dry briefing on insurance, and went to lunch. Everyone came back to see Santa (who was really MSG Kanan) give some gifts to the children, and after that Top let us go for the day.

I've been nursing a cold since Sunday morning, but I think I'm over the worst. Dayquil and peppermint herbal tea are getting me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment