Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Dead Week

Last week was the end of classes, and we had some good reviews for all of my classes. Friday morning was my Arabic oral exam, and that didn't go as well as it should have. I thought about all of the things I knew how to say all week, but when I got to the room, I just froze. I stopped thinking and had to listen to every line a few times before I could decipher the meaning, and half of the questions I didn't even remember how to respond. Oustad suggested that I really needed to get a speaking partner to actually practice with someone and get used to listening to an accent. He pity passed me with a C-. I've got another chance to bring my grade up in that class, Thursday is the written final.

Saturday was Jackie's graduation from CSU (yay!) so Ashley, Kristen and her family, and I all drove up to Ft. Collins. There we met up with Jackie's family and Kelly. The ceremony was relatively short and sweet, and Jackie must have made the speed record for getting across the stage. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree with a double major in Biological Sciences and Psychology. Jackie's parents offered to take everyone to lunch afterward, but I had to leave for my Algorithms final. The test went pretty well, but there were a couple of fairly difficult questions. I'm optimistic.

Sunday and Monday were fairly relaxed, with some sparse cleaning of the house. Monday evening Jackie and her father came to unload Jackie's life at Alcott, and then headed on their way. Jackie's family is now on vacation in Hawaii, so aloha! I've got my Physics final in a little over an hour and it's going to kick my ass, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment