Monday, August 21, 2006

Estes Park

Today Ashley and I took another day trip, this time up to Estes Park, in the main shopping district. We discovered some pretty knick knacks. Ashley got herself a stone business-card holder, and we got a couple varieties of fudge to take home to her family. We also found some other items which are going to be gifts, so I can't tell you about them yet. But Ashley made a very astute observation, if you ask me: Estes has t-shirt shops and candy stores. Lots of the two. There's a pretty wide variety of other businesses, but t-shirt shops and candy stores make up about half of the total. Trading/general/gift shops make up a fair percentage, too. We still had fun, and I'm glad we went.

After we got home, Ashley thought it would be really, really nice to meet Jackie and give her the laptop she had left down here, so we made a little trip to Longmont and met Jackie half-way. Ashley's probably right, Jackie would have burst at the seams after a week of school without in-home internet!

This week I have three days of AT at Fitzsimons, then three more at a recruiting deal at Chatfield Reservoir, and that brings me right around to Monday and the first day of the new school year. Where did the time go this summer? Actually, I take that back, I got a lot accomplished this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment