Thursday, August 24, 2006

Burying the Terrorists with Paperwork

One more set of AT orders down today. I spent another three days at Fitzsimons under the direction of SFC Reed, and did a lot more office work. Copying, filing, pulling orders, updating logs, and the like. My computer account finally works, so at least I don't have to ask permission to use the computers anymore. You would think, would you not, that a soldier in the Information Management section might want access to the computers?

I did get to post a large chart with some juicy news. It seems that as long-term plans currently stand, my unit is not deploying. In fact, we're not due for any more large transitions until 2011, when it appears our unit will be disbanded. Now, that doesn't mean plans won't change, or that I could be stripped off alone and deployed with a needy unit, like SFC Alessandri was just recently. But it seems to be a good sign.

Now that I've finished these days, it's time to prepare for the next three days this weekend. Some sort of recruiting missing at Chatfield Reservoir. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment