Wednesday, February 1, 2006

State of the Union

So yeah, last night was Bush's big State of the Union address for the year. I'm usually not all that interested, but I figured his decisions might have a direct influence on my daily life for a few more years. I'm glad to hear that Iraq is going well. As much as I'd like to just have us pull out, I know we have to stay. The fact that he talked about Iran really sort of frightens me; I don't think we should be picking new fights. I have this sinking feeling that Bush is planning on expanding the War on Terrorism before the end of his 3 last years, and I'm still in service for another 5 years. Bad mojo.

And it may be Bush's usual hot air, but it was really nice to hear him saying we have an "addiction to oil" that has to be broken. It makes me think that this whole thing in the Middle East is fought with the welfare of people in mind. And a gasoline alternative competitive in 6 years? That's incredible news, if you ask me. I wonder if he can actually do it? Judging by the rest of his initiatives, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment