Friday, February 24, 2006

Money!

It has really been an excellent week, let me tell you. It started out being very ordinary and plain. Nothing interesting at all. Jeremey's car crapped out, so he's been using mine all week, but other than that very normal. The Wednesday came along, and I got a happy letter. A letter from the CU Financial Aid office, telling me they'd found me some grant money. Quite a bit, actually. In fact, enough money to pay for my tuition and refund me a really good chunk! This was really good news! I decided to run errands Thursday, and I checked with the office to make absolutely sure it was right. It's true!

So I decided to use a little of my education money for a new educational toy. Because I'm still catching up in Calculus, and this is going to make a world of difference. Cameron has the old TI-89, and it has helped me so much already. I should also be getting Army bonus money and monthly GI Bill injections soon. I was thinking about looking at a new laptop soon, but then I realized that I always spend money on computer parts and never on anything else, like a new car. My car is looking more like a piece of crap than ever, and it's only going to get worse.

Still need a job, even with money injections soon.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a fun toy.

    What sort of car would you look for? Just something a lot like what you've got? A good college student car? Because all the cars that are floating around the group now are offically considered Pieces of Crap, except the van, and possibly Kristen's car.

    But YAY!!! for more money than you were expecting.

    ReplyDelete