Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Phase 5+ all around

Normally I wouldn't post during the week, but this is big. The rumors have been going around for months. I pretty much ignored them, but today I realized what they were all about.

Today after school, DS Williams told us that it would be our last time marching home from school, and we'd be taking ourselves to and from school from now on. When we got back to the Dawg Pound, Captain Gaines-Haiger was there to explain all of the new changes. Not only are we not marching, but the phase system is out the window also! As of this moment, everyone has full privileges unless they've got legal actions or failed a PT test. Everyone! The newbies that got here 2 weeks ago? Get to stay out this weekend in their civies. Pistol belts and badges? Not to be worn again.

I'm a little pissed off at the moment. I'm not so mad that the newbies have privileges, more power to 'em. I'm just not happy that I had to wait 11 weeks just to enjoy it all for one weekend on our own. I'm also a little shocked at the premise of not wearing badges. It was my of telling people apart; seeing a pistol belt was a clear indicator that someone was either new or a screw-up. And they could see that I was here for a long time. Not only that, but for the entire time I've been here, it's been something of a sin to not be wearing phase identification. I'll get over it, someone always gets screwed when things change. This time it just happens to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment