Saturday, November 5, 2005

Boredsville

The week's been pretty good since the policy changes. Wednesday morning they tried not marching us, which was a complete disaster. They had formation before school as usual, then all 600 students just casually strolled across the road without road guards and no rush. By lunchtime, they had re-instituted marching, at least for the rest of the week. Tactical Satellite class, or TACSAT, was pretty interesting. Our instructor was Mr. Tippins, a prior-service E-7 with a mysterious past and a callous attitude. Most people's major complaint is that he treats students like they can barely understand English. I admit he isn't the most down-to-earth instructor, but I didn't feel belittled. I think I must have been a bit of a brown noser, because he actually liked me. I was my usual high-speed smart self, I knew how to do his daily inventory so he didn't have to do it himself, and I did my best to help everyone else. He even bought a soda for me one day with the excuse that he needed one himself. We test out Monday, but he's not going to be there, so basically the class is over.

This weekend is the first one for all of our new 5+ newbies to go out and go wild, so we're expecting to have problems. Personally, I'm just staying back and doing as little as possible. I might go out and buy Star Wars Episode 3 on DVD and watch some movies. Nothing better to do. Going off post just means spending money, and I don't have that much to squander.

No comments:

Post a Comment