Tuesday, May 31, 2005

False Alarm

Surprise! Turns out I didn't ship today like I was supposed to do. I went down to MEPS, got my weigh-in, and waited around until we left. Unfortunately, they called me up to tell me the flight was overbooked, and I'd be staying until Thursday morning. What a pain! All that preparation, sad goodbyes and mental calming, just to be held back for 2 days. They even made a point to tell me that it wasn't anything I had done; I had brought all of my paperwork and everything I needed.

But on the bright side, I called my mom and she'd decided to skip work for a couple of days so she can come down tomorrow and say goodbye! I know she was heartbroken when she couldn't come this weekend, and now she gets her chance to be with me. Plus, my dad's father's day gift arrived at my house today, which means Mom can take it back with her. He's gonna like this gift, I have a feeling. I'll post what it is after Father's Day; he might be reading this.

All that Ashley and I can figure is that God knew Mom needed to say goodbye and gave her that last chance. If that's not destiny or divine intervention or something, how did that happen so conveniently? It's a bit of a headache for me, but I'll really love seeing Mom, and I know she'll be overjoyed to see me one last time. Guess I just have to hang out until Thursday after all.

2 days left (again)

No comments:

Post a Comment