Friday, April 22, 2005

Recruiters Get Serious

Last night I went to the recruiter's office for the weekly DEP meeting, as usual. Only this time, someone actually wanted to do something more than run around the block.

Sgt. Shivers felt the need to show us some real PT, so he put the 6 of us in formation, got our streches in, and proceeded with a push-up exercise. It went something like this; 10 regular push-ups, 10 with your hands forming a daimond, and 10 wide-arm. Then proceed to 9 of each, then 8, etc. etc., down to 1 of each. At 7, we started doing these on a hill, facing downward.

By the time we got to 6, I was basically being hauled up and down by my partner. He looked like the guy who's been training for the service since he was 10 years old, so he didn't even break a sweat. I, on the other hand, was just looking to finish (being lifted up and down) without vomiting. And this is why I'm a radio guy.

When I got home, I slept. By 7:30 I was out cold. On the bright side, I'm not too incredibly sore. I've got a lot of work to do!

(P.S., no I haven't gots my email about THE BOOK)
39 Days until I ship

No comments:

Post a Comment