Friday, February 15, 2008

VD

Yesterday was was February 14th, and everyone knows what that means. I was in the doghouse before the day even started.

That's not true, actually. I received a few hints that this might be an important year to remember St. Valentine's Day properly, especially since I won't be home to celebrate it next year. I knew there was no way I could hide the pink roses I bought Wednesday, so she was endowed with those strait from the store. Also, the Ghirardelli chocolate was best enjoyed that evening. But I did save a few things for the big day.

After school, I was going to exchange our propane tank so that we could grill steaks. Ashley decided to come with me, and during the actual exchange process, she almost ruined her surprise gift. The damage was done, so when we arrived back home, I presented her with her brand new electric mattress pad. She's been asking for a heating blanket for months now, and I think she was excited.

Grilling the steaks that evening was interesting. I think I've learned why people don't grill in winter; it just doesn't work well. That, and I think perhaps our grill is broken. Whatever the case, there's not enough propane coming through the system to really get the grill hot enough, even with all valves full open. After 40 minutes, they were still a bit too rare for my taste, so I fried them for about 5 minutes. They tasted excellent. Mike even got a slab of my romantic masterpiece. I'm just that nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment