Sunday, February 10, 2008

Last Time Around

I just completed my last drill with my home unit. I got loads of advice from the people there, both on deployment and PT. One of the most common deployment bits was: "Don't give her general power-of-attorney!" Too many people have gone over, earned loads of money, just to have most of it spent by the time they got home. The usual culprit was the significant other or parent in charge of the accounts and bills. And as much as I love and trust Ashley, I think it's still relevant.

The advice on PT came from our E-6 medic. He suggested that my biggest problem is cardiovascular health, which I believe. He said the solution for me is running at an aerobic pace, and not pushing as hard as possible. Once a pace becomes comfortable enough, I can gradually speed up. He's an exercise physiologist on the civilian side, and he's just a very knowledgeable guy, so I trust his advice.

I'm really going to miss the people here while I'm deployed. It's an excellent unit and I can work with everybody. Everybody is friendly and laid back, but still professional and productive. I definitely plan on coming back as soon as I'm home!

No comments:

Post a Comment