Friday, August 17, 2007

Broke Bus

Well, just got back from my first major bus break-down. Several other drivers and I were taking a group down to the Denver Museum of Natural History and the Denver Zoo. The drop-off was uneventful, and the other drivers and I wondered around the museum for a bit, taking in the dinosaurs exhibit. When I went to start the bus back up, however, I noticed a large puddle on the ground, near the engine compartment in back. Upon further investigation, there was oil leaking all over the transmission block, and it had been the entire time I had been dropping students off. It was a severe leak by this time, but my only conclusion is that a hose was severed while I was coming off of the highway.

Luckily, there was enough room to take all of the students back on the other buses, with a few standing. I waited for a while for the enormous tow truck to get through rush hour traffic, then had a pleasant ride with Brent, the tow truck guy, back to Boulder. I'm just thankful that this wasn't worse.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that sounds a lot like what happened to the CSU band busses a while back at Littleton High School. It sucked monkey butt. Sorry it had to happen to you too.

    ReplyDelete