Friday, May 19, 2006

Faire Costume

Well, the faire is fast approaching, and the girls are going full-steam ahead to finish all of their preparations; put their outfits back together, make a few new pieces, get their tent and campsite ready, etc. Ashley, Jackie, Kristen, and Holly are all going to be working there this year. I'm planning on visiting a few times and watch Ashley at "work," and so I'm putting together a costume of my own. It's so much more fun to be there when you go all out! I already have one outfit, but I believe it may be a bit "high class" for Ashley; she's playing a serving wench, and I'm told her character is quite bawdy. In that interest, I found a few cheap items on eBay for a rogue costume, and I'm waiting for those to get in. Last night, while Ashley and I were out on a date, I found a good sword at the mall! And it was in the price range I was looking for, so I'm very happy. So now that I have a photobucket:





Quite a beaut', eh? Total length is 41", and the blade is 32 1/2". It's dull, of course. I'm not sure if they named their weapons back then, the way some soldiers do today, but I'll wait a bit on that.

So yes, Ashley and I went on a date to Flatirons and we had a good time. We shared a gyro from Mediterranean Cafe, and then we saw Mission: Impossible 3. Other than that, not a whole lot going on around here. I'm still trying to get in touch with Assad to see what he wants to change on my resume. Overall, I'm just relaxing for a few days before I find something to occupy my summer. It doesn't look like I'll get into Calculus for the summer, so I could find a job somewhere. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment