Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Sick Day Pt 2, and Cherry-Yuck

Since my last post, life was going as usual. Sit home, experiment with Linux and C++, check my eBay auctions, etc. I still haven't seen a whole lot of Ashley, but I'm ok with that for the moment. (We're not fighting, I just need personal time.) My diet had been going well ever since I made the switch to eating rabbit food; at that point, I'd lost 4 lbs in a week. Not too shabby.

Sunday I woke up extremely stuffy and head-achey, and I had no appetite for breakfast, so I just met Ashley for mass. About 45 minutes thru I started to get really dizzy, and Ashley took me to find orange-juice. We both figured my blood-sugar had dropped too low, it sure felt like it anyway. The lady in the kitchen wanted to know if I had diabetes, but Ashley told her it was just hypoglycemia.

Anyway, Ashley drove both of us to the mall. I stayed in the car while she talked to T-Mobile about her phone freaking out. After that, I just had Ashley drop me off at home and take my car. I slept the entire day.

Monday was much better, aided by ample doses of Sudafed. The Army pushed back my trip to MEPS (again) to this Thursday, for some reason unknown to me. I never told them I was that sick. Anyway, they did another weigh-in on me, and I had dropped another 4 lbs just by being sick. Oh boy, were they thrilled.

Today they wanted another weigh-in. Since the start of my diet, I've lost 10 lbs total. I'm almost close enough to Army standard height/weight that I may not have to get a body-fat measurement. Just to encourage that, a couple of the sergeants bought me a bottle of cherry-flavored saline laxative (I made sure to check, it wasn't tampered ;) ). I wasn't so sure about this new idea, but it seems like their idea of a miracle diet - drop 3-4 lbs overnight, so to speak. I'm still a little hesitant, but whats the worst it could do? Bottoms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment