Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sleepy Summer Days

Since coming back to Colorado from Zach's graduation, I've gotten back into the routine of preparing for AT and trying to wind down. Saturday I had a quick one-day drill, which I took to fill out my military license, take a HMMWV road test, and grab all of my gear. Sunday I spent with my Mom, and we visited family up north.

I've just about prepared everything for AT. Everything's packed into two standard duffel bags, compartmentalized using plastic zipper bags. I'm taking a camera, my GPS, and a few other amenities. I've decided to skip the laptop this time. It's just too heavy and bulky, and it's likely I won't have any internet access anyway. I'll be setting up an internet cafe at Fort Hunter Liggett, but for military computers only. I'll have to wait to see what sort of access I have down there. Potential internet deprivation aside, I'm pretty excited about this AT. It will be the first time our unit has done it all together in a long time, and I'm excited to find out how people handle being in the field, stuck with each other for longer than three days. It will be interesting, I'm sure of that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment