Saturday, June 23, 2007

Award!

Annual training at PacWar has been going well. SPC Dupio and MAJ Friberg have already gone home, so it's just SFC Zimmerman, SGT Lant and myself. About once a night, at 3 or 4 in the morning, Sgt. Z and I hear blank fire and are forced into a defensive posture, but other than that I've been updating work order paperwork, watching movies, and trying to stay warm. Yeah, no kidding, this place gets frickin' cold at night! It's 110°F in the heat of the day, and 45°F at night. And while 45° may not seem that bad, it gets to you after a few hours of sitting around typing.

But I have some very exciting news! This morning after shift, Sgt. Z and I were told to be at the morning formation. That was a little strange because we haven't had to attend formation while on night shift. But at the formation, the two of us and several people from our sister unit (the 5025th GSU) were awarded the Army Achievement Medal! It's a fairly low-ranking award, and most people with some years of service have received one. However, ours were awarded by a different unit, a medical unit that we assisted in getting their HMMWV driver's licenses. I'm told its quite an honor to receive an award from another unit. Besides that, it's my first award! W00t!

1 comment:

  1. I decided to go back and actually pay homage to the people who awarded me. I was awarded the AAM by the 7305th Medical Training Support Battalion (MTSB). It was recommended by SSG Richardson, a very energetic, outgoing guy and a great NCO. I just wanted to make sure they are properly recognized. As I understand, they are headed to Iraq soon, so I also want to wish them luck.

    ReplyDelete