Sunday, September 25, 2005

Resume Skills: Cafeteria Moving

My lord, this weekend sucked. The week was pretty decent in LAN class, and I was looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend, maybe get some business done at the PX. But just my stupid luck, we were duty company, duty platoon, and I'm a lowly Phase 4. So Saturday rolled around, and I got put on DFAC (dining facility) detail. Basically, the DFAC closest to our barracks has been under renovation for asbestoses or something, and is now ready for operation. Only thing is, all of the equipment was at a DFAC across base. So we got to unload trucks containing every piece of equipment that's used in a cafeteria, including the pots, pans, serving trays, plates, silverware, cleaning supplies, and all of the food in bulk packaging. Then just for fun, we did it again and moved more equipment from yet another DFAC into the one we emptied. Don't ask me what sense that makes, I could not tell you. We worked from 0730 in the morning to about 1530 (3:30pm), and we worked hard.

But it gets better. Instead of getting the day off today, I got put on Batallion Cleanup detail, so I raked BN headquarters from 0830 to 1400 (2pm). At least I had a little time for laundry today. We have an EOC (end of cycle) PT test Thursday, and if I'm not Phase 5 and relaxing next weekend, I'm going to be severely pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment