Saturday, August 30, 2008

Life in Kuwait

Well, I think we're almost done here in Kuwait. We're really only here to acclimate. We've been attending some classes, usually 2 to 4 hours a day. After that, we just try to keep cool and entertained. The wireless service on camp is decent, and pretty cheap. It's great to hunker down in the MWR tent or the USO and use their air conditioning for a few hours. Sgt. Rhino has already left on the advance party, and Sgt. Buccaneer is pretty much staying off of the section's cases.

I've had a good time relaxing, but I'll be glad to get up north. The living quarters are cramped, the cots are terrible, and our tent in particular has AC problems that fluctuate throughout the day. That, and I'll be glad to start doing our job and get the other guys out and back home. I know when we're ready to go home, I'm going to appreciate a little haste on the part of our replacements.

1 comment: