Friday, March 9, 2007

CDL!

W00t! Passed my Commercial Driver's License test this afternoon, with flying colors! The pre-trip portion was fine, I aced maneuvers, and there were no major problems on the drive test. I guess Jordan and Dine had some problems on their first tries, but Jordan's already re-taken and passed. And I have faith in Dine, she's a pro! In no time at all, we'll be driving the Buff Bus baby!

In other news, our good friend Kristen is... pregnant! She hasn't had a doctor confirm it yet, but apparently the home tests are more prone to false negatives than false positives. Meaning, it's very likely. As a consequence, Jackie and I have temporarily adopted Alastor the cat. There's some specific bacterial infection that feral or previously feral cats carry, and the infection can cause birth defects and miscarriages. Kristen would very much like to avoid all of that.

Also, my confidence is renewed in my chances of actually getting into the Computer Science major instead of hanging around in Open Option. I talked with a CS adviser about my situation today, and she's optimistic, and even suggested I apply today. So, the paperwork is in. A lot rides on this semester's grades I think, because my "technical GPA" is borderline right now. I'm confident I'll come out of this semester strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment