Friday, August 12, 2005

BCT Graduation

From journal entry:

The air was charged with excitement this morning as we got ready. We got our personal effects and cell phones back, and people saw their opportunity for last minute pictures and exchanging of addresses. We caught the motor move to Hilton Field where we marched in proudly. The ceremony was short and sweet, and the pass and review was our moment to shine. We were released, and I found Mom and Ashley. The graduates were required to take the bus back to the company, but we met back up there.

Sign-out took forever, but eventually we got off-base. We ate lunch, and I had the first real burger I'd eaten in two months. We shopped for a short bit, and then went and just rested at Mom and Ashley's hotel room. I felt bad not doing something more interesting with them, but they told me they were there to enjoy my company, no matter where or what we were doing.

The last two days were a great visit, and not nearly long enough But I guess it's time to start looking forward again. I was told that 90% of the graduates will see Iraq, so I need to be ready. Time to learn my trade at AIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment