Wednesday, June 8, 2005

End of Reception

Reception battalion has been a long, hard learning process. we're really getting a taste of Basic right here. You wake up when they tell you, sleep when they tell you, and everything in between is done in as much of a rush as possible. A hundred guys on my floor have 30 minutes to take care of personal hygiene with 16 showers and sinks.

That said, we did a lot of stuff. The most exciting part was getting our BDU's, our camouflage uniforms. They look so pretty, with my name embroidered on the nametape. They're hot as hell, but they are sharp!

We're supposed to ship tomorrow. I'm not sure if I really want to, because it'd be nice to catch my breath for a bit. But the treat of being home for Christmas is factoring in. We'll see.

More from journal entry:

Reception battalion has been a blur of military life shock, never-ending lines and DFAC food. Between the 2nd and the 9th, we processed paperwork, medical records including the Moment Of Truth (MOT), financials, and BDUs. We were introduced to fire guard duty, smokings (PT as punishment), and shakedowns. I've been in the center bay, so I get to hear a lot of gossip. My buddies have been Pvt. Frank and Pvt. Lujan.

No comments:

Post a Comment