Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Why isn't it Friday yet?

Hey everybody, another day down. School was pretty good, and parking wasn't as horrid as usual. Chem is going well, and I like the teacher, Colin. He seems pretty young, and very down-to-earth Boulderite-ish. My math teacher is another subject; she's a batty lady that should've been a Kindergarten teacher. You know the type: short strait gray hair, decorative dress, and interactive assignments that involve pipe cleaners. She's very friendly and thorough, but we are getting nowhere fast.

Work was very good tonight. I felt very comfortable and natural on the phone until a certain call after lunch. A lady called in, obviously overworked, underpaid, and very upset. I did a good job of calming her down, but wasn't able to do much. She kept claiming that she was a fraud victim, and the Buddy on duty kept saying to just get her off the call. C-Bass, the Travel Pod Coach came back and stepped in. In the end, we found out that she had been majorly ripped off by a retailer. We were able to get her money back to her and report the retailer, and I feel very good about the end result, but I'm still pretty shaken by the call. I told the buddy that she was claiming fraud, and all he wanted to do was get her off. Oh well, he's human too.

I think its time for a good sleep. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment