Monday, July 28, 2008

Disclaimer About Updates

I have obviously fallen way behind on updating. I do plan to go in and post-date entries for as much as I remember, but my internet connection right now leaves much to be desired and it's preventing me from updating efficiently. Instead, I'm going to give you the quick-and-dirty rundown of the last couple of months, then start updating from today. Later, when I have better conditions, I'll post-date and the journal will read seamlessly.

Here's the scoop:
April 19th - Got married. Beautiful wedding. Short honeymoon at Broker Inn, longer honeymoon planned for after deployment.

May 5th - Finished semester. Decent grades on the classes I actually finished.

May 12-15 - Army radio class with Pvt McLovin and PFC Jade, good refresher, got to know people a bit better.

May 19-23 - Vacation with Ashley and Dad in Pagosa Springs timeshare. Nice to relax.

May 24 - Jeannie's Graduation. Great day.

June 1 - Start full time Army. Working in Denver, sleeping home at night. PFC Jade fell out for medical reasons, no replacement yet.

June 9 - Fly to Ft. McCoy, Wisconsin for Reserve Training Center, 3 week course on individual Warrior Tasks like marksmanship, urban ops and convoys.

June 29 - Fly back to Denver. Again, working in Denver every day, sleeping at home.

July 3-6 - Four-day pass. Fireworks and farewell party.

July 11 - Active duty orders start, lasting 400 days.

July 14 - Farewell ceremony. Emotional. Fly to Ft. McCoy for mobilization processing and validation.

July 19-20 - Base defense classes and exercises.

July 25-26 - Computer system class

No comments:

Post a Comment