Sunday, May 27, 2007

Beginning of Summer

Oh gosh, it's been a while. Really sorry to ignore this for so long, but you can beleive I've been busy. School ended smoothly with the presentation of our project in Components, and the very next day I was on the road to New Mexico. I drove to Albuquerque to see Zach's track final, and I was rewarded to see him get 2nd place in both shotput and discus, both directly behind his good friend and team mate. I was also there for Mother's Day, so Mom, Dad, and I went geocaching and found a great little path. While I was gone, Ashley had surgery on a cyst, and I came back to Colorado to find her very much in pain still.

The weeks that followed were pretty quiet. I started thinking about Annual Training coming up in June, but mostly I was catching up on some good old computer gaming. One day, Marcy and I installed a new bedroom window, so hopefully it will be more energy efficent and more bearable in the heat. I also had a few bus runs, shuttling a conference from their hotel to NCAR and back. But this past Thursday was a real treat. Kelly came down for the day, and the two of us went to Elitch Gardens and rode the rides all day. Ashley and Jackie won't ride the coasters, and Kristen of course has that whole medical condition of expectant mother, so it was just the two of us. They didn't miss a whole lot, since half of the park was still shut down in anticipation of full-blown summer. We also had several school districts worth of high schoolers taking a field trip. However, we made the best of it.

Friday, Ashley and I both drove down to New Mexico to see Zach's graduation ceremony. The gym was barely large enough for all of the family, but the speakers were generally short and sweet. The reading of the names was horribly long, even with a class of only 300. Since then, we've been attending parties and eating too much cake. After all, your little brother only graduates high school once!

No comments:

Post a Comment